If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make 2 lb bags of chickpeas and freeze in 2 cup portions in order to keep up with the steady demand for this hummus but it's equivalent to one can of beans in the case I run out. It's like butter, only not, because it's packed with all that amazing fiber, protein, iron and antioxidants. It's also low in sodium, no added oil, low fat, plant strong, vegan, and toddler approved so I get all warm and fuzzy when I find the licked clean bowl in the sink. —Emily Wylie
Makes appx 2.5 cups
- 2 cups prepared and drained chickpeas- skins on!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 of a roasted red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of za'tar spice blend
- pinches salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Puree all of the ingredients until super smooth, then puree again. I use the single serving size smoothie attachment on my blender which gives it that light - whipped consistency. Keep refrigerated in an air tight container for about a week, if it lasts that long.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas