If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great veggy sandwich that is seared like a panini, I like to serve it with hot mango relish . —Cory Daddario
Vegetable oil, spices, onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas, lemon zest, cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 small Can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups Chickpeas -sorted, soaked and simmered or canned , rinsed.
- 2 cups Cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 3 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated lemon zest
Vegetable oil, Naan, paneer, hot mango relish
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 2 Naan, each cut in half
- 3 ounces Paneer, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons Hot mango relish, to serve
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, and ginger until translucent . Add spices and stir through. Add honey and the tomatoes to the pan. Add the cauliflower and chickpeas and let simmer until the cauliflower has softened and cooked through and reduced a bit about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and finish with cilantro and lemon zest.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil. Build the sandwich with the cheese, vegetable mixture and the top slice of Naan and sear on both sides pressing down with a grill press or you can use a panini maker. Remove from pan and slice in half . Serve with the mango relish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas