Author Notes: Who knew chickpeas could become one of my favorite healthy and guilt-free snack foods? Roasted chickpeas taste like beer nuts - salty, crunchy and really addicting! —CravingSomethingHealthy
Makes: about 2 cups
1 large can (1-lb 13 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and patted dry in a clean towel
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon chipotle chili powder (more if you like it really spicy)
teaspoon cumin powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, salt and spices.
- Add chickpeas and toss well to coat.
- Cook 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss well after 35 minutes, and taste to see if they are finished. Chickpeas are done when they are crunchy but not burned. They may need up to an additional 15-20 minutes to get crunchy enough, but check them frequently and stir them often, as they go from finished to burned very quickly.
- Note: If they aren't cooked enough, they will have a semi-firm texture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas