If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: easy recipe to assemble; you can increase or decrease any ingredient as to your liking. —zeldie
Serves 4 - 6 people
- 1 can or jar or bag cooked chickpeas
- 1 large just ripe mango or 2 small chopped into cubes
- 1 cup jicama peeled chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large cucumber or 2 kirbys peeled, seeded, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or any oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fine grind white or black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon torn parsley optional
- 1 tablespoon torn basil optional
- 1 tablespoon torn lemon balm optional but delicious!
- 1 tablespoon torn mint optional
- Drain the chickpeas into colander, rinse with cool water and drain well. Spread on kitchen towel and rub the chickpeas around so the skin comes off. Discard skin but no need to get fussy and get every piece of skin.
- You can leave the chickpeas as above (rinsed and drained and skin off) or: place a cookie sheet on lower rack in oven. Preheat oven to 425 with cookie sheet inside. toss chickpeas with 1 tablespoon any oil. Carefully pull out the oven rack with the cookie sheet and spread the chickpeas on it. Roast 5-10 minutes till golden. Watch carefully so it does not get brown. Remove from oven and rest on counter while assembling remaining recipe.
- Blend oil, vinegar (or lemon), honey, salt, pepper and pomegranate molasses (if you) have in glass bowl and whisk well with small wire whisk till thick and blended
- Get a pretty bowl: place the chickpeas into the bowl; Add the chopped mango, jicama, onion, cucumber.
- Taste the salad dressing and adjust seasoning to your taste. Pour it over the chickpeas and vegetables in the bowl and toss gently.
- Add the torn herbs to the bowl and toss gently once or twice. Add another twist of finely ground pepper and pinch of finishing sea salt. (Boulette's Love Potion sea salt is perfect for this dish).
- This can be made a day before and kept in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature or eat chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas