If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The curry rubbed pork is fairly straightforward, it's the kicky-tart rhubarb compote that makes this dish sing spring. —Jinnie22
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 1/4 lb each
- 4 heaping tbsp Madras brand curry powder
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crush your garlic and blend together with the curry powder and olive oil. (a mortar and pestle is the best way to do this)
- Rub the pork all over with the paste, and allow to marinate at least an hour, and up to overnight.
- When ready to begin, let the pork sit out at room temp for about 20 minutes. Preheat your broiler on medium.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a wire rack over it. Set an oven rack about 6 inches from your top heating element.
- Broil the pork for about 3 minutes per side, or until you get some nice color with a little bit of blackened spots. Then slide the pork onto a middle rack and turn the oven down to 450F. Roast for 8-10 more minutes, or until the pork is just pink at the center.
- Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- * If you a a fan of grilling outside, simply grill the pork as you normally would.
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 handful kumquats, chopped (if you can't find kumquats, don't sweat it, just add some orange zest)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- red pepper flakes to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the onion. Saute the onion until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb, kumquats, vinegar, sugar, and a little splash of water to keep everything from sticking. Cook on medium heat until the rhubarb is breaking down, about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve with the pork warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
- This really works with my sticky coconut-lime rice.