If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick side with a tropical feel. —Jinnie22
- 1 can coconut milk (you can definitely use the 'lite' if you prefer
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups jasmine rice
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan with a tight fitting lid, bring the coconut milk and the chicken stock to a simmer.
- Add the coconut, rice, and salt, and bring back to a simmer, stirring.
- Place the lid on the pot, and turn heat down to low. Let simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- Add the zest and the juice of the lime, and stir. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.