If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Store bought granola usually contains extra unnecessary sugars, salt, and other additives that our bodies do not need. Homemade granola has a simple formula that makes it so easy to make in a jiffy. The concept of a "Compost Granola" is that you can follow the basic formula but add whatever you have at home and infuse it with your own favourite flavours. —Dee
Serves many delicious breakfasts and snacks
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and dry
- 1 cup of your favourite nuts (I used hazlenuts and raw almonds, chopped))
- 1/3 cup seeds, unsalted (I used sunflower and sesame)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut (large) flakes, (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, at liquid form (heat if still solid)
- 1/3 cup local honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 275 F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, mix wet ingredients together. (Prior to mixing, make sure honey and oil are in liquid form- if they aren't heat them until liquidized).
- Combine both mixtures and pour a thin layer onto 2 well lined sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. When cooled, store in an airtight container.