If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
6-pound fully cooked country ham (read the label closely)
cups unsalted vegetable broth, or water
teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
tablespoon Dusseldorf or Dijon mustard
teaspoon unsalted butter
- To make the glaze, combine the fennel, thyme, black pepper, butter, mustard, and honey in a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil then turn down the heat to simmer and let the glaze thicken for 10 minutes or so.
- Nestle the ham into a 6 1/2-quart crockpot. Add the vegetable broth. Set the heat to low, and set the timer for 4 hours.
- At about 3 1/2 hours, check the internal temperature of the ham. It should read around 135? F. Once it does, heat the oven to 375? F.
- Remove the ham and place it cut side-down onto a foil-lined sheet tray. Coat it with the glaze. Bake the ham in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to coat it with a fresh coat of glaze every 10 minutes. When you are happy with the glaze, remove the ham from the oven. Slice and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!