If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The classic fillings of the muffuletta sandwich tossed with fusilli pasta. —Riley Wofford
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces thinly sliced salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the salami, olives, and artichokes and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until warmed through. Add the cooked pasta, provolone, and Parmesan cheese to the pan and stir until the cheeses are melted.