If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this was my mom's recipe and I'm certain she learned it from her mom. It's a hit with everyone I know and always better if it marinates a few hours in the fridge. Note- I rarely measure these ingredients so you may need to adjust to taste. We like it with more vinegar than most and as it marinates you may need to taste and add more of one or more ingredients. Enjoy! —Holly
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
- 1 pound Fresh green beans
- 1-2 Cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh mint chopped - about 3 tablespoons
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Clean, cut in smaller bite-size pieces if you wish, and steam green beans just until tender/still crisp. This usually takes under 5 minutes.
- blanch quickly in cold water to keep them bright green
- Add the beans to a large bowl and toss with all other ingredients
- Refrigerate at least an hour.