If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a glorified bean salad. I generally like bean salads but I find them too acidic (so this is a bean salad without acid). Feel free to sub any ingredient (well, except the onions, celery, garlic, and chickpeas). This salad tastes best topped with feta and fresh parsley. —Sweets
- 2 cups forbidden rice, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt to taste
- Place minced garlic with a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle. Pound until a paste forms. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, and mix until the paste loosens.
- In a bowl, mix together rice, chickpeas, edamame, onions, and celery. Add the paste and the rest of the olive oil. Mix well.
- Chill salad in fridge for 30 minutes. Salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas