Author Notes: This is a filling lunch or a perfect side dish. —themessimake.com
carrots - chopped
bunch of Swiss chard
cups canned chickpeas
cloves of garlic - minced
teaspoon lemon zest
teaspoon tsp salt, add more or less per your taste
teaspoon crushed red pepper or black pepper
teaspoons tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut off the stems from the chard leaves and chop the leaves into medium size pieces.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute, be sure to not let the garlic burn/turn brown, you may need to lower the heat a bit.
- Add the chopped chard, chickpeas, salt, crushed red pepper and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Taste the chard to test for doneness. You want it to be a bit crunchy, wilted chard won’t be so appetizing if you’re eating it solo.
- Turn off the heat, add lemon zest and mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas