If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a filling lunch or a perfect side dish. —themessimake.com
- 2 carrots - chopped
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon tsp salt, add more or less per your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut off the stems from the chard leaves and chop the leaves into medium size pieces.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute, be sure to not let the garlic burn/turn brown, you may need to lower the heat a bit.
- Add the chopped chard, chickpeas, salt, crushed red pepper and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Taste the chard to test for doneness. You want it to be a bit crunchy, wilted chard won’t be so appetizing if you’re eating it solo.
- Turn off the heat, add lemon zest and mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas