If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was sent to me by food52'er linzeralla. I adapted it very slightly. Sure, it's not Kosher, but it's really good! —fiveandspice
- 1 piece of thick-cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 sheet of matzo
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Maple syrup
- In a small-medium frying pan, cook the bacon pieces over medium heat until they’re starting to get crispy and their fat has rendered out.
- In the meantime, break the matzo into bite-sized hunks and put it in a bowl. Cover the matzo with warm water and let it soak for 30 seconds, until just slightly softened, then drain well. Whisk the egg with the cream and generous pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir it into the matzo, then add the mixture to the pan with the cooking bacon.
- Cook, stirring and flipping occasionally until some portions are browned and crispy around the edges. Serve topped with a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!