If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everyone needs a good, straightforward hummus recipe in their arsenal. This is mine. I riffed off a recipe in Melissa Clark's 'Cook This Now', but adjusted it to suit my preferences, bringing in some flavors she didn't use and playing down others (cumin) I don't love. The recipe that follows is my favorite mix, but play around with the proportions and ingredients a bit to make it your own. —Tayla
- 15 ounces can of chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini, well stirred
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Put the chickpeas, garlic, spices and tahini in a food processor.
- Pulse about a dozen times until the chickpeas are broken down.
- Turn the processor on and add the olive oil through the pinhole in the top. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil if necessary.
- Add the lemon juice and blend again. Adjust seasoning as needed/desired.