If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chickpeas just might be my favorite legume and I have them on hand all the time. I cook them up in a slow cooker on high for about three hours, and keep them in the refrigerator for up 5 - 6 days. I make this tomato sauce ahead of time too and keep it in the refrigerator for quick vegetarian dinners just like this favorite one of mine. —TheWimpyVegetarian
Serves 3 - 4 (depending on how hungry you are :-))
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 28-oz can whole peeled tomatoes (San Marzano), crushed by your hands
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH of kosher salt, pepper and sugar
- 1/2 box spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425?F and combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the chickpeas, noodles, and Parmesan cheese in a 9" X 13" baking dish. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring it once half-way through the roasting. The garlic should be soft, and have a roasted flavor, and the sauce will be thick and jammy. Smash with a fork to break up the garlic a bit.
- Warm up the chickpeas and cook the pasta according to directions on the box.
- Dust with Parmesan cheese before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas