If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken with tomatoes and chickpeas. A hearty and delicious Italian dish. It can be served alone with a salad, or with a long pasta such as Bucatini (a kind of thick spaghetti). Excellent topped with a bit of fresh grated parmigiano. —Kenza Saadi
Makes four halves of chicken breast
halves of chicken breast cut in cubes (no skin, no bones)
cloves of garlic (one per half breast of chicken)
salt and pepper to taste
bunch of fresh Italian herbs: oregano, thyme, rosemary
pounds fresh tomatoes with skin, cut in quarters (1 kg)
grams cooked chickpeas
fresh grated parmigiano for serving
- In a deep pan place some olive oil. Add one crushed garlic clove per half breast of chicken (four in this case). When the garlic starts to give its aroma, add some salt and pepper, and a generous amount of Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary).
- Mix well and let it cook for a few minutes. Add the chicken cubes and cook until they turn white on the outside, mixing gently from time to time.
- Add one kilogram of fresh tomatoes (with the skin) cut in rough quarters. Mix once more. Cover and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Add 250 gr of cooked chickpeas and let it simmer about 10 more minutes.
- Top with fresh grated parmigiano and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas