If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hummus is great to have in the fridge just in case you need a snack. I have a lot of hummus recipes but this is the one I keep coming back to and the family keeps asking for. Don't leave out the serrano pepper...it is perfect for this hummus. —Miriam Borys
Makes 2 cups
- 540 milliliters chick peas ( drained and rinsed well)
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1 cup cilantro (washed well)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts ( I use them out of the jar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 juice of one lemon or 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (used to thin done the hummus)
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Drain chick peas well. Rinse with cold water in a wire mesh sieve and drain well.
- Add all ingredients into the processor except vegetable stock.
- Process until large pieces are gone. Scrape the sides of the processor bowl down
- Continue to process and add vegetable stock until the hummus is at the desired consistency. This stage and the amount of stock you use is up to you and your personal taste.
- Serve with crackers, vegetable sticks for a great appetizer.
- Store in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas