If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A satisfying dish that is also a cinch to make. —ATG117
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups vegetable stock (good quality)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, whites and light green parts sliced
- 4 - 5 carrots, diced
- 2 cups chickpeas (canned are fine)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- fresh black pepper
- honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted
- Prepare the quinoa, using 2 cups of vegetable stock, or according to package instructions (a 1-2 ratio usually works for me). When it's finished cooking, adjust the salt and set aside.
- Heat a generous splash of olive oil. Once heated, add the scallions, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Sauté until tender.
- Add the diced carrots, apricots, and a 1/2 c of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through. Sprinkle the chickpeas with salt, add them to the pan, and stir for a minute or 2 just to combine. Add the quinoa, toasted pecans, and a few grinds of black pepper. I like to drizzle in some honey as well. Give everything a good toss, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add the
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas