If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Back to my home country, Greece, this energy treat that has been know since antiquity is called pastèli. My version is spiced up with some thyme and lemon zest. It takes less than 15minutes to prepare while the quantity I made will last me for about a month. —Evangelia
Serves 10 persons
- 500 grams sesame seeds
- 1.1 pounds thyme honey
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- The zest of a large lemon
- Roast the sesame in a nonstick pan and leave it aside
- In a large pot boil the honey for about 10 minutes, then lower the fire and add the sesame, the thyme, and the grated lemon
- Stir well
- To test if the mixture is ready, drop some in a glass of water. If it forms an elastic ball it is ready while if it dissolves, it is not
- Place a large piece of baking paper on a flat surface. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds over the paper
- Lay out the mixture, Sprinkle again some sesame seeds cover it with a second layer of paper and flatten the bar with a rolling pin until it is about 1 cm thick
- After 15 minutes cut the pasteli into pieces and let it cool completely. Ready!