If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Seafood Ramen Noodle Soup is traditionally made with pork, chicken or seafood. Today's dish has a base of our homemade fish stock made with seafood as the main protein. We added tamari sauce and sesame oil used for sauteing the seafood. It is a simple soup to make and we used fresh angel hair noodles as a substitute for the ramen noodles. Find the recipe on our blog @
http://tomandanitamorgan.blogspot.com/2014/04/seafood-ramen-noodle-soup.html —Tom and Anita Morgan
For the Soup
- 4 C fish stock; we use our own homemade fish stock.
- 3 T tamari sauce
- ¾ t sriracha chile sauce
- 2 T sesame oil (from sauteing fish if not grilled)
- 1 of 1/2” piece of ginger root, sliced thin
- 5 oz of fresh angel hair pasta, cut in half to approximately 8 inch lengths
- Pour the fish stock into a suitable pot.
- Add the tamari sauce, cooking oil from fish, and sliced ginger and stir to mix while bringing to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 large shrimp, shelled and ,sauteed or grilled until pink
- 4 medium scallops, sauteed or grilled until slightly browned on edges
- 3-4 oz cooked snow crab meat, part in shell or several clams, cooked until open
- 1 slice of red onion 1/4” thick cut in half crosswise
- 1 baby carrot, skinned and shredded
- 2 pieces of nori (sushi wrap) cut into 2” by 4” pieces
- 2 green onions cut bite sized diagonally
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- Hard boil the eggs for about 10 minutes then cool in ice water. Reserve at room temperature if meal being prepared soon.
- Saute the shrimp in sesame oil until pink and no longer translucent. Then reserve in a warming oven with the bowls. Alternatively shrimp can be grilled. Dry the scallops and saute in the same pan and oil until they start to brown on the edges and are no longer translucent. Reserve with the shrimp. Alternatively they can be grilled also. Reserve the oil for the soup.
- Place the fresh angel hair pasta noodles in the bottom of two shallow bowls and while the soup is still hot, pour it over the noodles to a depth that barely covers them. Arrange the seafood and vegetables carefully on top of and around the noodles so that everything is level with the top of the soup and is attractively placed. Carefully slide the nori into the edge of the soup only partially submerging it. Serve with soy sauce on the side.