If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used beef sirloin and did on my smoker. You can use any good steak and any way of grilling. For my seasoning I used some Tatonka Dust and mushroom powder but you can use your favorite steak seasoning. The steak was done to med. rare for the salad. —[email protected]
For the Salad
- 1 pound Sirloin or other good steak
- Italian blend salad mix
- Some thin sliced sharp white cheddar, as much as you like
- 1 Large sweet onion, caramelized
- mushroom powder for the steaks, I used ground Porcini
- Steak seasoning
- Asparagus blanched for the salad
Italian dressing for two
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried shallots
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 2 tablespoons Kraft grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Make up the dressing early. Place all ingredients in a pint mason jar and shake well. Let set for at least 4 hours to blend the flavors. Most oil vinegar dressings call for 3 oil to 1 vinegar. I don’t like too much oil so mine is usually closer to 1 to 1 ratio. I used dried shallots and garlic for convenience, if you want fresh use fresh. Blanch the asparagus until tender crisp about 2 to 3 minutes and dice in 1 inch pieces.
- Slice the onion thin and caramelize in a little olive oil and butter with a pinch of sea salt and sugar. Have this done for on top of the salad.
- Season the steak; I like to do mine a couple hours before grilling and cover in the fridge. Assemble the salads, add asparagus and the sharp cheddar. Grill your steaks to an internal temp. of 140 deg. for medium rare. Let rest for five minutes and then slice thinly. Arrange half on each salad; shake up and pour dressing over top; add some caramelized onions to each salad.
- Serve with some good bread; I had some take home and bake garlic knots and served some canned pear halves topped with some organic coarse brown sugar. Enjoy