If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I find most breads make me bloated and sluggish, bar a few exceptions, but there is nothing better than filling your house with the smell of freshly baked bread and spreading some chia jam on the first warm slice out of the oven. I wanted to fill my loaf with the best Omega-3 packed seeds and oil to give me a super immune boost and anti-inflammatory benefits. The mixture of the wholemeal and plain flour makes a really lightweight loaf that isn’t tough to digest, and great as bread as well as toast. —The All Natural Cure
Makes: 1 standard loaf
grams wholemeal spelt flour
grams strong white spelt flour
tablespoon hemp oil
tablespoon maple syrup
milliliters warm water
grams flax seeds
grams chia seeds
- Stir the water, yeast, oil and maple syrup together and leave to sit for a minute until frothy.
- Mix together the flours and seeds into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface the until it becomes a pliable dough.
- Leave to prove in the mixing bowl with a damp cloth on top in a warm room.
- After an hour repeat the kneading again on a lightly floured surface.
- Shape into the loaf tin, or into bread rolls and leave to prove for another half an hour, until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 35 minutes.