If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Freshly shaved salads are perfect for spring and couldn't be easier to make. —Mr Alpenglow
for the salad:
- 4-5 carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, shelled & toasted
- 1/4 cup pancetta, cubed & crisped
- handful of small mint leaves for garnish
for the buttermilk dressing
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 12 large mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Mix the buttermilk dressing and chill. Use a peeler to shave the carrot. When you ready to serve the salad, drizzle just enough of the dressing to coat the carrots. Immediately plate the carrots with one portion each of pistachios and pancetta. Garnish with the smaller mint leaves.