If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Freshly shaved salads are perfect for spring and couldn't be easier to make! —Mr Alpenglow
for the salad:
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1/5 pound smoked black cod (sablefish)
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled & segmented
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- handful of small tarragon leaves for garnish
for the mustard vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (preferably Meyer lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Mix the vinaigrette and chill. Cut the tough ends (about 1.5 inches) off the asparagus. Use a peeler to shave the asparagus, discarding the first shave. When you are ready to serve the salad, drizzle just enough vinaigrette to coat the asparagus. Immediately plate the asparagus with one portion each of the black cod, grapefruit segments, and some of the pumpkin seeds. Garnish with tarragon leaves.