If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This explosive salad is made with a blend of roasted corn, tender black beans, red onion, roasted red bell pepper, fresh herbs, Mexican spices and a zippy red wine vinaigrette flavored with CHA! by Texas Pete®. —morgan freeman
- 4 cans corn, canned, drained well
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- taste salt and pepper
- 4 cans black beans, canned, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 cups roasted red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, fresh, rough chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin on a bias
- 3/4 cup red win vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil for salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons CHA! by Texas Pete
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preparation Turn on the oven broiler. Drain the corn well and place it in a mixing bowl. Toss the corn with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the corn in an oven-safe dish and place the under the broiler for approximately 5 minutes or until the corn has lightly charred. Place the corn in the refrigerator to chill. Once the corn is cold, place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the black beans, minced red onion, roasted red bell peppers, cilantro and scallions. Combine well. Place all ingredients for the salad dressing into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the dressing over the corn and black bean salad and mix well. Season the salad with salt and pepper and keep refrigerated until ready to use.