Author Notes: I started making this recipe when I was in college and started a vegetarian diet. I was inspired by the piles of leftover rice everyday when I lived with my mother. I was raised in Colombia and rice is a staple food there. —Vanessa
cups cooked rice
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
- Chop scallions and spinach, add sea salt. Chop scallions fine or thick depending on your personal taste. I tend to cut them in about 1/2 inch as I enjoy the bite and texture they bring to the dish.
- Heat olive oil in pan or wok over medium heat
- Pour the the scallions and spinach in the hot oil and stir fry for about a minute
- Break the two eggs on top of the spinach and scallions and stir to make a scramble
- Pour in the rice and stir untill all ingredients are mixed in. Stir-fry all ingredients for about a minute
- Serve. Add pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions