If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Versatile and quite quick, this is great for dinner in a pinch. Packs flavor in a variety of ways! —mtlabor
- 1 pound mixed shellfish (like clams, mussels, and rock shrimp)
- 2 cups chardonnay
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a dutch oven on the stove under medium high heat. Add the shellfish mixture, wine, bell peppers, shallots, lemon juice, butter, Pernod, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and steam until the clams and mussels open. About 10 minutes or so. Discard any of the unopened shells.
- Serve with crispy baguette slices and jasmine rice.