If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a while I wonder if there's another version of strawberry jam, although it is always at its best as simple as possible, I attempted to spice it up a tiny bit with tint of cardamom. Turned out to be nice! —nikoleung
Serves 1 320g jar
- 300 grams Frozen Strawberry
- 200 grams Bio-Sugar (for Jam Making)
- Juice of Half Lemon
- pinches Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Butter
- Prepare a saucer in the freezer.
- On low heat, combine Strawberry, Sugar and Lemon juice in a small pan (no non-stick pan because of the acid in lemon/strawberry), stir frequently until mixture starts to bubble.
- Continue to cook for 30 minutes, drop a bit of jam on the saucer that you've kept in the freezer, tip the plate, if it runs down very slowly, the jam is ready.
- Turn off the heat and stir in butter. This will help to get rid of the foam and clarify the jam. Add tiny pinches of Cardamom.
- Pour the hot jam into hot sterilized jars. Consume it in 2-3 weeks.
- On Sterilizing Jars: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-sterilise-jars