If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fusion food with an Indian take on Mexican tacos. Marinated paneer resembling paneer tikka is topped along with some simple mexican condiments and toppings on homemade whole-wheat tortillas. This recipe is quick enough to whip it up under 35-40 mins. These delicious tacos can also be made vegan by substituting paneer with tofu and skipping the yogurt and using a few tsps of oil to bring the marinade together.
Enjoy these super flavorful paneer tacos for an appetizing and simple supper/dinner. —Archana
Makes 6 tacos
- 1n1/2 cups unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water or as needed
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all the ingredients to form a soft and firm dough.
- Roll out the dough into 6-inch tortillas. On a hot pan, dry-toast the tortillas on both the sides until palely brown.
- Store the tortillas in an aluminium wrap or a hot pack to keep them warm.
- 1 cup 1-inch paneer cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon trumeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons thick plain yogurt
- If using frozen paneer, soak it in warm water for a few minutes so that it becomes a little soft.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spices for the paneer marinade. Remove paneer from water, pat dry and cut into 1-inch cubes. Add these to the marinade and mix well to coat all the cubes.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsps of oil. Add the marinated paneer and saute/fry on all sides until palely golden brown.
- Make pico de galla with tomatoes, onions, chillies/jalapenos, lime juice, pepper, salt and coriander. Also chop an onion and green pepper thinly length wise and saute with some salt and sugar until they are caramelized.
- To serve, use fresh coriander and a drizzle of lime juice. To finish it off use some coriander chutney or herbed raita.