Author Notes: This recipes combines my love for spices, chocolate, brownies and biscuits of course. This simple recipe could be prepared with any of our Spiced Chocolate Chips. —lior lev sercarz
Makes: 20 biscuits
grams Salted butter - diced
grams Spiced Chocolate Chips (Orchidea N.34, Reims N.39, Yemen N.10), separated into 172 gr. and 200 gr.
grams Granulated sugar
grams Vanilla extract
grams All purpose flour
grams Confectioners sugar
- In a bowl combine the diced butter and 172 gr. chocolate chips and place over a double boiler (you can do the same using a glass bowl and heating it in a microwave for about 2 minutes). Mix with a whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- Slowly add the the vanilla and eggs.
- Add the salt, flour and 200 gr. of chocolate chips and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon measure 20 balls of dough. Roll each between your hands to form a round ball.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a bowl. Coat the biscuits balls in the sugar and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper leaving about 2 inches between the biscuits.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the top has a “cracked” texture and still slightly soft.
- Let the biscuits cool down on the tray before removing them.
- My tip: Place a scoop of your favorite ice cream between 2 biscuits for an amazing ice cream sandwich.