If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This fig preserve .. with its deep, sophisticated flavor .. is perfect for any time of the year —VeggiesByCandlelight
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried pears, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (** a vegan option would be brown rice syrup or coconut sugar)
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine water, figs, raisins, pears and salt. Cook until reduced to a jam consistency (~ 20-30 min)
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice and brown rice syrup .. and cook 3-4 min longer
- Use an immersion blender .. or a few pulses in your food processor .. to make a thick paste-like spread