If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Italian fashion - traditional recipes made with seafood. Delicate saffron risotto enhanced with tender shrimps. —porodicne gastronomije
- 50 grams butter
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 grams arborio rice
- 100 milliliters white wine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 250 grams peeled shrimps
- a few rocket leaves
- In a heated pan pour a tablespoon of olive oil and 20 g of butter, add finely chopped onion and garlic, and fry for about 10 minutes on low heat. Add the rice, turn up the heat and cook briefly to become shiny, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring constantly, until alcohol evaporates.
- In a hot vegetable broth add the saffron, then pour a ladle of broth to the rice, and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Continue adding broth ladle by ladle, stirring constantly. If you run out of broth ( although this amount should be more than enough), add some hot water. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and stir well to toss.
- When the rice is done, remove the pan from the heat, add the rest of the butter and the rocket, stir, season with some salt if necessary. Cover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.