Author Notes: Quick recipe using already made pound cake and ingredients —Debi Bulmer
Store bought or homemade pound cake, chocolate or butter
jar seedless raspberry or strawberry jam, or Nutella
bag walnuts, toasted and chopped and set aside
bag candy melts, preferably chocolate but any kind will do
- Slice the pound cake into 1/2 inch slices discarding the ends. With a small cookie cutter, cut out 2 "pound cake cookies" from each slice and place them on a cooling rack suspended over a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- When all the "pound cake cookies" have been cut, put a half a teaspoon of jam in the center of half of the "pound cake cookies". Top with another "pound cake cookie".
- In a microwave-safe bowl (or a double boiler) melt the candy melts (If using the microwave, heat on high for 1 minute, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir. If necessary put the bowl back into the microwave and melt at 50% power for 30 seconds until melted).
- Pour the candy melt over the cookies with a tablespoon. It is not necessary to completely cover the now petit four with the coating and is fine if the pound cake peeks through. Before the coating sets sprinkle with chopped, toasted walnuts
- Sprinkle your serving plate with the remaining toasted nuts. With an offset spatula or knife, carefully remove the petit fours from the cooling rack and place on the serving plate. Be prepared for people to think you worked all day on these!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts