If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Egg salad is a really fantastic go to when your fridge is all but empty. I usually have eggs, so making a salad for lunch or dinner is an easy way to use up ingredients. This recipe is pretty traditional, but I've added some curry powder and cumin to give it a little something extra. Make it for lunch this week. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 2 wraps
- 4 hardboiled eggs (peeled and cooled)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (I used Vadouvan curry but use any curry powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (regular or Aleppo)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups mayo
- 1 stalk celery + leaves (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- salt and pepper
- 2 wraps (flour, spinach, etc.)
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- In a small saucepan, add enough water to cover 4 eggs. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and let eggs cool. Once cool, peel and smash with the back of a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Add curry powder, ground cumin, pepper flakes, dry mustard, Dijon mustard, mayo, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork to make a mostly creamy salad. Leave some chunks of egg for texture. Add mayo to your preference on how creamy you'd like it to be. I used somewhere in between 1/4 - 1/2 cup.
- Warm wraps in microwave for 20 seconds to get them soft enough to wrap. Add 2 Romaine leaves to each wrap, and scoop the egg salad on top of the lettuce. Wrap and cut in half to serve.