If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light, fresh soup with minimal ingredients. A splash of cider and perfume from lemongrass (or just a squeeze of lemon) make this a bowl of sunshine. Serve with Sriracha for those who want to add a little heat. —CookPlayExplore
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 2 lemongrass stalks, peeled and split lengthwise, and/or a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together mashed sweet potato, coconut milk, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Add lemongrass stalks, if using. Warm to barely a simmer, stirring occasionally. If using lemongrass, keep on the burner for 20 to 30 minutes, then remove the lemongrass stalks.
- Purée soup with an immersion blender (or blend in batches, carefully, in a blender or food processor). Stir in vinegar, a teaspoon at a time, until it has the right amount of zip to suit your taste. (If you're adding lemon juice, this is the time to do it.) Season with salt and pepper. If it's too thick, stir in a little more water, broth, or coconut milk.