Author Notes: A delicious tofu scramble with a Spring twist. A quick and easy lunch. —The Flexitarian
ounces plain tofu
tablespoons nutritional yeast
large shallots (finely chopped)
garlic cloves (crushed)
roasted peppers (from a jar) (roughly chopped)
large handful pitted black olives (sliced)
teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves (finely chopped)
salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in a large saucepan.
- Cut the tougher ends of the asparagus by bending them (discard the harder end that snaps off). Cook in boiling water for 3 mins until just cooked through.
- In the meantime heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add shallots and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- Drain tofu and mash with a fork into a scramble.
- Add tofu to the shallot mixture. Add turmeric, rosemary and nutritional yeast. Blend well. Cook under medium heat, stirring often, until warm.
- Drain cooked asparagus and cut them in 3 cm long sticks.
- Add asparagus, peppers and olives to the scramble.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.