If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These walnuts are the perfect companion to a cheese platter or cocktail. Sweet but spicy and highly addictive. —Hilary Leff
Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine confectioners sugar, cayenne pepper and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Add walnuts and cook for 3 minutes. Pour walnuts into a colander and drain well.
- Immediately add walnuts to spice mixture and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat and spread out the walnuts on the sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes until a deep golden brown, turning them once or twice while baking. Allow to cool and break up big chunks. Enjoy!