Author Notes: These walnuts are the perfect companion to a cheese platter or cocktail. Sweet but spicy and highly addictive. —Hilary Leff
Makes: 2 cups
cup confectioners sugar
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine confectioners sugar, cayenne pepper and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Add walnuts and cook for 3 minutes. Pour walnuts into a colander and drain well.
- Immediately add walnuts to spice mixture and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat and spread out the walnuts on the sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes until a deep golden brown, turning them once or twice while baking. Allow to cool and break up big chunks. Enjoy!