Author Notes: Let them eat cake! Suitable for vegan & gluten free —myinspiration
2tbsp Buckwheat Flour
teaspoon Baking Powder
teaspoon Baking Soda
pinches Ground Allspice
teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
cup canned coconut milk
tablespoons Maple Syrup
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (356 degrees fahrenheit) and lightly oil a 9? round cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & allspice.
- n a separate bowl, combine the coconut milk and maple syrup and then add this to the dry ingredients, throw in the banana, raisins and the chopped walnuts (keep some chopped walnut in reserve to scatter over the top) and fold the mixture together until it’s full combined.
- Pour in to the baking tray and sprinkle over some more chopped walnut. Pop in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean and it’s firm the the touch. Cool and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts