If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender grilled flank steaks in a spicy lemongrass, jalapeño, and brown sugar marinade. —Riley Wofford
- 4 large lemongrass stalks, ends trimmed, stalks beaten and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Combine the lemongrass, garlic, shallots, jalapeños, brown sugar, lime juice, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the meat in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over the top, turning evenly to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lift the meat from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain and serve.