If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great standby recipe you can whip up in minutes when unexpected company comes, or if you need a tasty appetizer in a jiffy. —Barbara Landfair
Makes 1 cheese ball
jar Major Greys Chutney
cup roughly chopped Walnuts
cherry, mint leaves, or parsley for garnish
cake Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- Roughly chop the walnuts, place them on large square of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Open foil of softened cream cheese, keep cheese on wrapper. Make a divot in cream cheese. Pour about 1/2 of the chutney into the divot. Take out large pieces of mango, and chop them. Return pieces of chutney into cream cheese divot.
- Using your hands or a spoon, gently mash the chutney into the cream cheese until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Form a ball. Rinse off your hands, and gently place cheese ball onto chopped walnuts, gently rolling to cover cheese in walnuts. You can use the waxed paper to assist in gently pressing the nuts into the cheese. When you have the ball completely covered, pat firmly into a perfectly round ball, or log, whichever your preference. Garnish. Refrigerate. Serve with crackers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts