Author Notes: These bars are absolutely irresistible and they take all of 5 minutes to whip up.
They came from an old family friend, Mrs. Corey of San Jose. —Christine
cup Brown sugar (packed cup)
teaspoon Baking soda
cups Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or butter it.
- Beat egg, sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread this evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. They should still be soft when removed from the oven.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts