Author Notes: These bars are absolutely irresistible and they take all of 5 minutes to whip up.
They came from an old family friend, Mrs. Corey of San Jose. —Christine
cup Brown sugar (packed cup)
teaspoon Baking soda
cups Chopped walnuts
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or butter it.
- Beat egg, sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread this evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. They should still be soft when removed from the oven.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts