If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These bars are absolutely irresistible and they take all of 5 minutes to whip up.
They came from an old family friend, Mrs. Corey of San Jose. —Christine
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Brown sugar (packed cup)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or butter it.
- Beat egg, sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread this evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. They should still be soft when removed from the oven.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
More Great Recipes: