If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This green smoothie packs fiber and vitamins without any added sugar .. with green or white tea as the the liquid .. It's absolutely wonderful —VeggiesByCandlelight
cup green tea
cup kale, raw
cup spinach, raw
scoop protein powder (** optional)
- Brew your favorite green or white tea (** I personally like the Vanilla White Apricot by Tazo for this smoothie) and chill it thoroughly.
- If you like your smoothies thick .. (like a shake) you could also make ice cubes with the tea .. blending 1/2 cup of ice cubes with 1/2 cup of cold tea
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender, starting with the liquid to lubricate the blades. Add the leafy greens and then the fruit (** adding the fruit last helps push everything down toward the blades)
- Blend thoroughly until smooth
- Serve over ice, if desired.