If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple and delicious salad goes together in less than 10 minutes, from just a few ingredients. It's hearty enough to serve as an entree, and we eat this often. This salad travels well, too (just transport the greens and topping in separate containers) - the attached picture was taken on a recent road trip to St. Louis. —Magpye
Makes: dinner salads for 2, or side salads for 4-6
can of oil-packed tuna
large clove of garlic
tablespoons rice wine vinegar (don't substitute)
tablespoons olive oil
ounce Parmesan cheese
large bunch romaine lettuce
Salt and Pepper
- Slice head romaine lettuce along its length into 1 inch pieces (as for Caesar Salad). Wash well and spin away excess moisture.
- Open tuna and empty into large bowl. Mash with fork and add olive oil and rice wine vinegar
- Grate carrots (use large-holed grater) and mince garlic. Add to tuna mixture and stir to combine well
- Using the same large-holed grater, grate Parmesan cheese and stir into carrot-tuna mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste (we prefer lots of black pepper).
- Divide lettuce between 2 large bowls if serving as an entree, or 4-6 smaller bowls if serving as a side.
- Divide carrot-tuna mixture evenly between bowls and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe