If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy and hearty concoction that can be served warm or chilled. Enjoy it with a hearty, toasted, multi-grain baguette or top with Parmesan shavings —Mariya
- 1/2 ounce olive oil
- 9 slices turkey bacon-cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 ounces pearl onions
- 1/2 pound kale-trimmed, leaves sliced 1/2 inch (feel free to sub collard greens)
- 1.5 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces Cannellini white beans-strained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup orzo
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cayenne to taste
- paprika to taste
- To remove skin from pearl onions, simply blanch and shock them: in a pot, bring water to a boil, add onions to water and boil for 30 seconds; remove onions from boiling water and immediately place into an ice bath (bowl filled with water and ice, to stop the cooking process). Now, simply pop the skins off!
- Heat olive oil in pan and add turkey bacon. Cook until crispy; remove from pan; reserve.
- Add pearl onions and kale to the same pan (which should have the bacon juices in it); season well, zest garlic into the pan, and saute until tender.
- Once tender, stir in beans; mix and turn heat off.
- In a separate pot, cook orzo according to directions (simply boil water with salt and add orzo); cook until al dente; strain.
- Add turkey bacon and orzo back to the pot with all of the other ingredients and mix well.