If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A savory walnut, onion and mushroom stuffing fills a walnut breaded chicken breast for delicious crunchy goodness —Karen Burkett
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2 cups walnuts-chopped (divided in recipe)
- 1 cup corn flake type cereal crushed
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce melted butter
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet; add mushrooms and onions and sauté 5 minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste. Stir 1 cup of the walnuts into the onion mixture and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pound the chicken breast flat using a skillet. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast. Stuff each breast with ¼ of the stuffing.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Mix the corn flakes and walnuts in another bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg then the walnut/corn flake mix to coat. Place stuffed and coated chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with melted butter.
- Bake at 375° F until done. Internal temperature should be 165° F.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts