If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family favourite! It was hand written in my late mothers recipe scrap book, and is a staple on our farm, especially at seeding and harvest. I guarantee it will become your favourite too! —Mesha
Makes 25 large pieces
Base and topping
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 250 grams Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 2.5 cups Self Raising Flour
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- Lightly grease a large, deep slice tin. About 23cm X 32cm. Line with greaseproof paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and essence in a bowl. Add sifted flour and rolled oats. Mix well. Press two thirds of this mixture evenly over the base of tin. Save the remainder for the topping.
Chocolate walnut fillling
- 300 grams Milk Chocolate
- 400 grams Condensed milk (can)
- 30 grams Butter
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- Combine chocolate, condensed milk, and butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until chocolate has melted. Add nuts and vanilla. Mix well. Spread onto the base.
- Crumble remaining base, evenly over the filling. Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes, or until just golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. When cool, refrigerate until cold, then cut into yummy slices!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
More Great Recipes: Cakes