If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a sneaky veganized version of something I never even ate when I was an omnivore, because cream sauces were so heavy, especially paired with a big bowl of pasta. You won't even notice there's no dairy and it sneaks in double servings of vegetables! Slightly adapted by Angela Liddon's recipe from Oh She Glows. —rachel waters
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, florets cut off and boiled until fork tender (around 6 min)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice (I use almond)
- sea salt & cracked pepper to taste (I like a lot of both...but that's me)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vegan butter spread (I like earth balance olive oil spread)
- pinches hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, ends sliced off and spiralized into noodles, or julienned w/julienne peeler
- Blend all above ingredients except olive oil & zucchini in high speed blender (I use a vitamix) until smooth, add more vegan butter to make creamier, or almond milk to make looser. Season to taste.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat, add noodles and toss to warm them up (1 -2 minutes). Pour sauce into pan and mix to coat noodles.
- Serve and top with whatever sounds good or you have on hand! I like a combo of hemp seeds, more hot pepper flakes, pistachios/hazelnuts/walnuts, parsley, sliced olives, etc. The possibilities are endless! This sauce is also good tossed with spinach & peas & nuts, or kale...or pretty much anything else. My favorite kind of recipe is one that is versatile!