If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking for a light, and bright tasting salad to go with pulled pork sandwiches and beans. Finally I combined the best of a few recipes with corn, tomatoes and avocado. I added lime and rice vinegar to a simple vinegrette and I decided to roast the corn to bring out its sweetness.
Simple, different and delicious!
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 6 corn on cob
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- .5 cups cilantro, chopped
- pinches salt and pepper
- Husk the corn and place directly on grill over medium heat. Turn often (every minute or so) until some niblets are slightly blackened and corn is heated through.
- Set aside 1/4 of chopped avocado.
- Mix corn niblets, tomatoes and remaining avocado in large bowl.
- For dressing, in small bowl mash avocado that was set aside.
- In another small bowl, juice the limes and add the oil and vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the mashed avocado and dressing until dressing is creamy and smooth.
- Dress salad and add parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn