If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was basically about getting rid of some things in the fridge with some touches of spring. —Matt Wheelock
- 4 bunches basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cheese/ add more cheese if you think it needs it
- 1/4 cup olive oil/ mostly until it is fully purred.
- 3 tablespoons lemon jucie
- salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend. Put aside till you need it
Spring vegetable and sausage ragout
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 pound of blanched fava beans
- 6 spicy sausage links/ out of casing and crumbeld
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- splashes white wine
- 2 pounds Spinach
- Cook sausage in the pan, take it out. Then add some oil and throw in the onions and garlic. When soft add the mushrooms and throw in the spinach cook for 4 minutes. Then add the fava beans and sausage. Add the white let it cook out for a minute or 2 then add the stock.
- While making the ragout cook the pasta.
- When pasta cook mix it in with the ragout and put in about half a cup of the pasta cooking water. Cook for a minute or 2 then put in the pesto. Mix and serve