If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- coconut oil
- 2 pounds corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 (14oz) cans coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- sriracha for serving
- Begin by roasting the corn. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets with coconut oil. Spread corn on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly brown, stirring as necessary.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large soup pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil. Add onion and red bell pepper, sautéing until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop sweet potato from skin, and add to pot along with roasted corn. Add curry powder, salt and pepper. Cooking 30 seconds. Add coconut milk and vegetable stock. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then blend using an immersion blender or blender.
- Serve with sriracha and additional coconut milk, if desired.
- Notes: Roasting time will be shorter if using fresh corn. Recipe loosely adapted from Nutmeg Nanny (Smoky Sweet Corn Soup)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn